Hiring needs don’t stop just because it’s the holiday season. There are several reasons a company may want to continue recruiting in December, including the following.
1. Year-end goals: December is the year’s final month, and many companies may have specific hiring goals they need to meet to hit their targets for the year. Continuing to recruit in December can help them achieve these goals.
2. Increased availability of candidates: December is often a slower time for job seekers, as many people are busy with the holidays and may be less focused on their job search. This can make it a good time for companies to find high-quality candidates who may be less readily available at other times of the year.
3. Planning for the future: December is also a good time for companies to plan for the future and identify any potential staffing gaps that they may need to fill in the coming year. Continuing to recruit during this time can help ensure that they have a strong pool of candidates to choose from when they need to make new hires.
4. Competitive advantage: If other companies are slowing down their recruitment efforts in December, continuing to recruit can give a company a competitive advantage by allowing them to access a wider pool of candidates.
5. Improved retention: Hiring new employees during the holiday season can be a great way to improve retention, as it can show existing employees that the company is committed to investing in its workforce and providing opportunities for growth and development.
Don’t hesitate to contact us and stay one step ahead this December! We would love to hear from you and help you with any of your recruiting needs!