Principal Technology Advisor
Adeptis Group are currently partnered with a prominent organisation in the UK telecommunication sector whose work in the industry will re-shape the Security structure within the whole Sector over the next five years and more.
The work of this organisation spans across everything from mobile phones and broadband, as well as TV, Radio and more. The business has had the responsibility over communications network resilience for a number of years and has recently been given a new set of responsibilities in light of the increasing economic and social significant of communications and services.
You can expect to be responsible for establishing and supporting the roll out of a network operations and resilience assurance programme. You will be appointed as an SME for strategic technical insights and help develop guidance on
network topology, support systems, operations and processes.
• Oversee the development and adoption of network resilience guidelines and assurance programs for the Communications Provider community, including major telcos like VMo2, BT, and Vodafone.
• Collaborate with the telecommunications industry to establish best practices, service availability targets, and incident reporting processes, while also managing resilience assessments.
• Evaluate and respond to security and resilience incidents reported to the business in coordination with team members.
• Offer technical support for enforcement activities in collaboration with other teams.
• Ensure alignment and coordination of policy goals with industry stakeholders, government, and relevant agencies.
• Contribute network technology and telecoms operations expertise to various projects within the Networks and Communications Group.
• Extensive experience in telecom networks and services, including network design, operation, and their impact on delivery, gained through work in communications providers or technology consultancies.
• Proficiency in developing network deployment plans and addressing resilience considerations.
• Knowledge of current and emerging telecom technologies, such as software-defined networks, NFV, multicasting, and 5G, and their implications in the context of public cloud usage.
• Familiarity with inter-networking arrangements for ensuring end-to-end service resilience.
• Understanding of OSS/BSS architectures and their role in delivering customer services.
• Experience in contingency operations and response, including civil contingencies and responding to various incidents.
• Competence in all aspects of network resilience management within telecom or related fields.
• Ongoing awareness of telecom technologies through training, industry engagement, and external research projects.
• Strong ability to communicate technical concepts to diverse audiences, including non-technical stakeholders and senior colleagues.
• Eligibility and willingness to obtain UK Government Developed Vetting (DV) level security clearance, with existing DV clearance being advantageous but NOT mandatory.
For more information, please call Callum McKenna at Adepts Group on +44 (0) 2033 013 792 Please apply via the link or send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Adepts Group – Building a Brighter Future, Powered by People